Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Mauch Chunk Lake (28-Feb-2017)


On this day I only had enough time to make a short stop at Mauch Chunk Lake and couldn't get out for a clean-up. At the lake I was surprised to find six Tundra Swans on the upper end. I then got a real treat. Something on the other side of the lake scared them and they took off. Then they did a large circle in the air and flew right by the blind I was in. It was just awesome watching these huge birds pass by so close. They then landed and settled on the water a little further down the lake. 


Before this year I had never seen a Tundra Swan. Now because of the weather we have had I have now seen them on multiple lakes around the area. 


I also spotted these two Painted Turtles trying to catch some sun. 

See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment