Friday, February 26, 2016

Gamelands (26-Feb-2016)


With it snowing this morning I started working on projects around my house. They took somewhat longer than I expected and before I knew it, it was late in the day. I still wanted to get out though and drove over to Beltzville getting there around 4. I parked at another gamelands access, which after walking around I found was attached to another section I recently cleaned up.


On the field sides were the norm. Mostly cans, some bait containers and a bottle or two.


From the fields I took a short path down a slope to the lake. It looked as though someone had a party at this place. Lots of cans and a few bottles scattered about.


Tied Penny to a tree to clean up this area. It is much easier that way when there is a lot of trash to be picked up. She seemed content at this spot, standing in the sun and sniffing the air.


This was just from along the small path down to the lake. I wonder how many of these little out of the way party areas around the lake I haven't found yet. 


For the time I put into it today I picked up a lot of trash. It was more than a pack and a grocery bag full. I am going to try to put more time in tomorrow and take out much more than this. 


I find Gatorade bottles on almost every hike. I thought it was odd when I didn't on this one. After putting all of the trash into the back of the car I went to get in. There I noticed the above just in front of the car. Yeah, it was still a normal trash day.

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this blog? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment