Sunday, February 7, 2016

Recycling Day! (7-Feb-2016)


The first Recycling Day of 2016. I had just over twenty bags to sort through and I never thought in winter I would have this much. Waited for the perfect day with no wind and high enough temperatures to make it bearable sorting trash for many hours. 


I didn't remember picking up this many glass bottles. Last year I avoided glass, not wanting to deal with broken glass on these sorting days. With all of these I only had four or five bottles that broke and dealing with it wasn't that bad.


In total there were 2,381 recyclable items and one full bag of garbage. The recyclables included 928 aluminum cans, 884 plastic bottles, 533 glass bottles, 20 plastic jugs and 16 plastic oil containers. This was all taken from trailsides and riverbanks. There is always more work to be done and this was just the start for this year!

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment