Friday, February 12, 2016

State Gamelands (12-Feb-2016)



The past couple days I had stuck to hiking sites west of my house and as a result I thought the majority of the area was still coated from the last snowfall. Today, I went not that far south to a gamelands along Beltzville Lake that I had't been to for several years. Not as much snow with some areas like the parking area completely clear. The parking areas edge was like most and there were a lot of bottles around. 


More of the same, plastics and glass. 


This was collected before I left the parking area. I packed it into the back of the car and set out on the trails with an empty pack. 


A flock of American Robins were close by almost the entire time. 


Taking a side trail down to the lake this White-Breasted Nuthatch flew in to check me out. 


This was just above the bank of a small cove in the lake.


The second pile of the day. I don't know what the gray, yellow and blue item is. It could possibly be a part of a boat seat. That was right on the waters edge. 


Before I went home I stopped at one of the State Parks accesses and got to see this Red-Tailed Hawk. On the way out I spotted a second one perched in a nearby where this one landed, probably its mate. With the temperatures as low as they are supposed to be this weekend I doubt I will be taking out any trash. I will be out again as soon as the conditions improve!

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment