Saturday, December 31, 2016

Beltzville State Park (29-Nov-2016)



This was my first stop to the Preacher's Camp Access at Beltzville State Park since the water level was lowered. The day was cold, with a light rain. I worked my way down past the boat launch and the first thing I noticed was something on one of the artificial fish structures on the newly exposed island. 


With a closer look it was a Bald Eagle. What a cool sight with the fog over the lake. 


Portions of the lakebed in this section are really muddy. I was able to grab most items I found, but some were in deeper mud than I would go into on a cold day. Both of the above items were taken.


A different type of artificial fish habitat than was on the island. These can be found at many locations around the lake. Each of these boxes has a hole on one side giving smaller fish a place to hide from predators. 


This was everything from the Preacher's Camp Access. I didn't go that far and my goal was just to fill my pack which I accomplished. 


Before heading home I made a quick stop on the other side of the lake. I was wet and cold so I didn't go far, still collected this small line of items. 


Ending this post with what I came across when I first pulled into the Preacher's Camp Access. Two male Pheasants just hanging out in the parking lot. There was a recent release of these birds in surrounding gamelands for hunting. These individuals found a safe area to go to. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this project? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment