Thursday, December 1, 2016

Locust Lake State Park (17-Nov-2016)


Locust Lake State Park is close and I go there often. I have been trying to hit every trail and side path around the camping areas and lake. Although I haven't been finding much on walks there lately, I always find something. Nearly all the leaves are off of the trees now and soon colder weather will be here. 


The first items I found were a pair of shoes, not far from the visitor parking area. I am not sure how I missed these on previous trips, but they looked like they had been there at least a little while. 


I dropped the shoes off in the nearest trash can an took a trail below the dam to a small pond that the lakes overflow runs into before entering Locust Creek. I was hoping to see birds or other wildlife, but on this day I had no luck.


From below the dam I worked my way up and around the lake. I didn't gather much trash, but with the amount of times I have walked around this area I was surprised with the amount I did collect. 
You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this project? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment