Friday, March 31, 2017

Beltzville State Park (8-Feb-2017)


I think I could do a clean-up at Beltzville State Park every day of the year and still not be done there. With so many access points and so much lake shore it seems like a never ending task in this particular park. I made a few stops there for this post all areas that I covered last year and all areas that accumulated more trash since then. I started at the Pine Run Boat Launch where I found the Common Loon above swimming near the launch. 


I then worked my way up the channel towards the bridge for Pohopoco Drive. Found these items at the usual fishing spots. 


Then I drove over to the access right across the street from the launch. This was exceptionally trashy last year. Found less on this trip, but still more than I had hoped. A small flock of American Robins were hanging out around the parking area. 


On the edge of the parking area I found one of my least favorite types of trash, used diapers. I think I have found them at just about every access at Beltzville now. Picked up three on this trip.


The trash from the second stop. Diapers are in the dog bags. 


Made one last stop at the main lot next to the lake by the beach. This time I focused on lake bottom trash. The low level of the lake let me find all of the above trash. I think I am going to miss picking through the mud when the lake level rises.  

See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment