Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Lehigh River (12-Jan-2017)


With warmer temperatures, it was back to the river, for this foggy January river clean-up! This was my first time by foot to this specific location just below Lehighton. I had spotted some buckets just below on of the bridges just upstream and it was my intention to make it up to and remove them. I underestimated just how much trash I would find at this location. 


One of the first items of the day and it was right. GAME ON and time to pick up more! 


This is where the Mahoning Creek runs into the Lehigh. I worked on a small section of flood plain below it and the larger floodplain just above it. 


Picked through several debris piles like this one. It became clear very quickly that I was going to fill my bags and have to return to keep moving up this flood plain. 


Just what you want to read when you pick something up. Just a cap off of a battery though. The battery itself was nowhere to be found. 


It didn't take long at all before I had a pack and a sack full. The rest would have to be left for another day. 


Back near the car I sorted everything out and disposed of the non-recyclables in the trash cans for the D&L Trail. Recyclables were loaded into the car. 

See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment