Friday, March 17, 2017

State Gamelands (19-Jan-2017)


Since on the 13th I found a good amount of trash at one of the gamelands accesses near Beltzville, I decided to go back and see what some of the other gamelands were like around there. I first started at one away from the lake that I have never found a whole lot of trash at. I walked the field edges, picking up shotgun shells mostly and found a flock of Cedar Waxwings and Robins. Two of the Cedar Waxwings are above. 


On the edge of a high grass field I found this larvae that I believe is a Sawfly. It is not the first time I have come across larval stage insects in winter, but it is not often I find them at this time.  


This was all I picked up at the first stop and is about what I expected to find. Hunters, please pick up your plastic shell casings after you take a shot. 


I then stopped at another gamelands access, this time next to the lake. Above are a few Black Ducks swimming in one of the coves on the lake. 


Wherever trails meet the water I always seem to find trash. This time the majority of it was fishing items. 


This was everything at the second stop. I was happy I didn't find piles like I did on the 13th. 
See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment