Thursday, March 23, 2017

Owl Creek Reservoir (1-Feb-2017)


Trying to see the Red Crossbills again, I decided to explore a little more of Owl Creek Reservoir. I ended up having no luck seeing Crossbills, but I did find some trash and a couple other critters. 


There didn't seem to be as many Red-Breasted Nuthatches on this visit. This one briefly came out to take a look at me and I did see at least one other. 


Every time I go to Owl Creek I can hear Red Squirrels. Before this hike I don't recall ever seeing one there. This time two showed themselves.  


I collected two small piles of trash. Not sure why styrofoam cups are so popular here. They ended up being the most numerous item of the day.

See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment