Thursday, April 13, 2017

Beltzville Gamelands (16-Feb-2017)


Not that long ago I had checked out a problem spot at one of the gamelands accesses at Beltzville Lake. At the time it was too cold to do a clean-up, but there was enough trash for me to come back and remove. On this trip I did just that. Above is just a Canada Goose that was near the trailhead where I came out to the lake.


I walked a small portion of lakeside before getting to the problem area. Along it I did find a few items, not too much though. 


Then I got to the problem area and started removing the trash. This area was a little worse last year, still it is very annoying having to do it all again and knowing it will probably be a mess again at the end of the year.


This was the pile by the time I was done. I was happy I found some grocery bags because there definitely wasn't enough room in my pack for everything. 


On the way out I picked up the loose items. Because I already had one photo of the rest of the trash, I didn't do an end trash photo and just loaded everything up in the car. 


I made a stop at the Pine Run Boat Launch in the State Park and found this Muskrat hoping out of the water underneath the dock at the launch. It had something in its mouth and it looked as though it was putting whatever it had up into the dock. Maybe it has its own little food storage area under there. 

See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment