Friday, April 14, 2017

Mauch Chunk Lake (23-Feb-2017)


A nice, warm, sunny day got me really wanting to get out on the water. So it was over to Mauch Chunk Lake after an earlier clean-up by the Lehigh. Since we didn't have much ice for ice fishing this past year and since not too many people have been out on the lake, I knew there wouldn't be too much trash. 


The first on-the-water trash item of the year. A beer can floating in the lake. 


It felt like spring, but there was still a reminder that winter had not yet come to a close. On the upper portion of the lake a large ice sheet still clung to the surface of the water. From a distance it looked like just slush, but after running into it I found there was still solid ice. 


I paddled up to the top of the lake, passing by the ice sheet then came back down and had to go around the ice sheet again. It was still attached to the lakeside and couldn't pass on the one side. I paddled down the edge then for awhile and finally back to the boat launch. 


Did find a couple lure to add to my collection.


What I collected was just about what I expected. Can't wait to get out on the water again!
See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment