Thursday, April 20, 2017

Locust Lake and Tuscarora State Park (26-Feb-2017)


I took two short walks at Locust Lake and Tuscarora State Parks. I was looking more for birds than I was for trash. I had recently found out that there were four Tundra Swans on Locust Lake and they were the main reason I went over there. Above is the best shot I was able to get of them. 


At Locust Lake I did pick up a handful of trash, really nothing to write about, but there was this. I found several of these on the path around Locust Lake. I opened one up and found that it was full of nonsense. Who goes through the trouble of making something like this and why would they spread it around a State Park? 

Other than the Tundras, I didn't see much at Locust Lake. I then drove over to Tuscarora in hopes that there would be more waterfowl on the water there. 


No waterfowl, but this Belted Kingfisher was flying around the boat launch. I have found that Kingfishers usually don't stick around for photos. This one did and posed a few times in different trees around the launch. 


Like at Locust I didn't pick up much trash on this short walk either. Above is probably my best photo of a Kingfisher so far. 

See my most updated posts on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment