Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Recycling Day (16-Mar-2016)


Have been wanting to do a recycling day for over a week now. This was the first day everything worked out that I could. I had twenty bags of recyclables to sort through and I did want to still do a clean-up today so I started early. All of the trash in this post was collected since my last recycling day on February 7th. 


As usual this took some time. I sort and count everything. Did get distracted when counting glass bottles and I had to do a recount to get the numbers right. That was the worst part of the whole thing. In all it wasn't that bad of a sort.


Getting towards the end I knew I wasn't going to have as much as the last sort, but it was going to be close.


In total for this sort I had 2,147 recyclable items. There were 930 plastic bottles, 834 aluminum cans, 355 glass bottles, 18 plastic oil containers and 10 plastic jugs. 


This brought the 2016 total for recyclables to 4,528 so far this year. In addition I have taken a good amount of non-recyclables as well. It is still winter and I never expected to have accomplished this much this early on in the year. Much more to come!

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this blog? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment