Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hickory Run State Park: Sand Spring Lake (19-Oct-2016)


The second clean-up of the day. Parked at Sand Spring Lake at Hickory Run State Park and was met with these colors when I got out of my car. I was recently here working on the Shades of Death Trail, but I didn't get to go all the way around Sand Spring Lake. 


Sand Spring Lake. 


The purple piece of bamboo in the photo on the left was a helpful find. With it I was able to reach some items that were a little too far out in the water for me to grab, like the not so happy face on the right.


Items plucked from the water along the dam. From here I followed paths through the wooded shore of the lake.


At the upper end of the lake I took a gravel road which took me to a campground I had never seen in the park before. I always thought all of the camping was located in a different portion of the park. The view above was in the middle of the campground. From here I worked my way back down to the lake, walked some of the disc golf course, then continued on around the lake. 


I didn't have a whole lot of trash by the end, but I didn't really cover that much ground. It was an extremely nice hike and I was surprised I got to see new portions of the park. I didn't think there was much I hadn't seen of Hickory Run. 
You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this project? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment