Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lehigh Gorge State Park: White Haven Access (19-Oct-2016)


My first visit to the White Haven Access of the Lehigh Gorge State Park since I started this project. I am not sure why I hadn't made this stop until this point, I guess I just overlooked it. I focused on the area around the public boat launch and did work my way down the river a little bit. 


Found some small items and one large one along the road down to the river. On the left is just a plastic bottle, found it and a few glass bottles on the way down. The large item I think is a piece of a truck. It most likely came from the bridge above the access.


It was an awesome day for fall colors! Barely any water flowing in the Lehigh though. I don't even think I could paddle my kayak down it the water was so low. 


In a small flood plain along the river I picked up most of the items from this stop. The unopened beer on the right is ten years old. Not often do I find ones with labeled dates on them, but this one was from 2006. I am shocked it made it through so many winters without bursting.


This was everything collected from the access. Since I was so close to Hickory Run I decided to head over there next for another clean-up. I also gave me a chance to get rid of the non-recyclables. 
You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this project? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment