Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Mauch Chunk Lake Park (7-Oct-2016)


It has been some time since I have walked the trails at Mauch Chunk Lake Park. It is close to where I live and even last year I walked these trails on a regular basis. For this trash walk I started at the boat launch furthest up the lake and took the trails down to the campground. 


Not much had changed since my last visit. The trails were surprisingly clean too. I hit the spots where trash normally accumulates and most had nothing at all. 


There were a few items along the trail, but most of the trash I found was on the lakeshore. The lake, like the other local waterways, was low. This allowed me dry access to some spots I wouldn't normally be able to reach with higher water.


This was the only item I pulled out of the lake itself. I think it is a rubber band Hulk.


What a view. Several boats were on the lake, all with fishermen trying their luck. 


By the end I had a pack full. I may try to get out on the lake in a kayak again before it gets too cold. I am wondering what has accumulated since my last paddle. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

Like this project? Like it on Facebook: Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment