Thursday, June 4, 2015

Beltzville State Park (4-June-2015)


Didn't get that much today. Walked two spots on the upper portion of the lake. Had a first today. There was a garbage bag on a narrow shale shelf next to the water. I climbed down to the shelf, picked it up and there was something inside. I dumped out the contents and I got a shock. It was not garbage, but was an adult water snake. At first I thought it might be dead, then the tongue came out. I just stood there and it stayed for a minute then slithered into the water. 


After the water snake slid into the water. The tail is just a little lower than center in the photo. Normally I would not give out a location where I have seen a snake, but water snakes are extremely common, so in this case I don't mind. 


This is a piece of trash I picked up and immediately set back down. I can tell you it did contain chicken livers, but unlike what the containers says, they were not fresh.


Chicken livers in a tree? The container was empty and is no longer there.

Find of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment