Thursday, June 18, 2015

Recycling Day


I took a trip to Einfalt Recycling & Salvage today. This is the only recycling center I use to sell aluminum cans. Their rates are generally fair and can be checked on their website or by e-mailing them before you go. In a future post I will show in photos the entire process. Today was raining and I had a lot to do so I did not take the time to photograph my experience today. If you do not recycle aluminum cans currently, think about it. You do have to have storage space and generally it is only worth the trip if you save up six bags of crushed cans or more. The up side is you get money back off of a waste product. Now if you look at the receipt above you will see that I didn't make out well at all today on cans. The prices are like the stock market and have their ups and downs. Today was a down day and I didn't check the rates before I set out. Normally I won't turn in cans unless they are going for $0.50 or more a pound. The highest I have ever turned in for was around $0.75 and the lowest around $0.25 and the prices can change daily.

This is my second turn in of the year on cans for the year. My first was before I started this blog and at that point I had around 75 pounds. So, already this year I have recycled more than 100 pounds of aluminum, which I think is pretty cool.

I have prior commitments for the next six days and will not be posting, I will try to find some time to do some trash collecting though. Next Thursday I will be back out and taking out the trash. Again, comments, questions, e-mails and suggestions for sites to clean up are welcome. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment