Monday, December 28, 2015

Locust Lake State Park (25+27-Dec-2015)


On the 25th I headed back over to Locust Lake State Park. The objective was not to pick up trash, but to get Penny out on her first walk since her injury. I thought with the last couple clean-ups around the lake I wouldn't find any more trash this season. As is normally the case when I think there won't be trash, I was wrong.


Penny's foot is just about healed. She doesn't even have to have a bandage on anymore, but I still rebandaged it for this walk to keep it clean. She did very well on the walk and seemed healthy as ever pulling me around most of the lake. 


This was it. I know not much at all, but it was still something for a holiday. 


On the 27th I had to walk Penny again and with Locust Lake close and an easy paved walk for her we headed back over. Fog covered most of the park and this Ring-Billed Gull looked to appear and disappear as it made large circles over the one corner of the lake.



With taking the same path as the 25th I can't believe I still found more stuff. At least two of the cans were new since the last visit, but the other items were probably just overlooked several times. There is always more trash. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment