Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Recycling Day (15-Dec-2015)


These are the bags of recyclables collected since November 18th. This does not include two bags that others helped me get to recycling and a couple bags of non-recyclables. I know this isn't as big as some of my other recycling days this year, I still think it is a decent amount. 


In total there were 1,578 recyclable items, 876 bottles, 591 cans, 33 jugs, 12 oil containers, 4 steel cans and 62 glass bottles. There were also two full bags of non-recyclables, they were mostly styrofoam, jugs that have started to photodegrade and plastics that were not recyclable in this area.   


A lot of kids sand toys. I think the Gonzo I found this past week was the best toy find so far. This was the first time I started collecting glass all year. It did not work out that bad. Only one broken bottle by today, weight will still be an issue in the future collecting glass. I can only carry so much so far. Still no snow so I will continue collecting until I can't. I may make daily recycling trips now, the recycling center is generally full for some time after Christmas and I don't want to be holding onto a bunch of trash. The next recycling day post might not be until Spring of 2016.

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment