Monday, December 14, 2015

Nesquehoning (14-Dec-2015)


Another section of road, I really dislike roads. This is route 93 just outside of Nesquehoning. Most of the day was full of fog and raining off and on. In this weather I didn't want to do a roadside, but I couldn't get out until this afternoon so the clean-up had to be close to home. I decided on 93 over 209 just because there is more room to move off to the side when traffic passes.


This was above the embankment on State Gamelands. 


It didn't take long to fill the first bag with styrofoam, plastics and aluminum.


Same old thing, bottles, cans and cups.


These were the only items that stood out. 


Two bags and a grocery bag of glass bottles was the total today. I know I didn't have much to say in this post, but there was nothing that really stood out. I am going to be going on a night hike tonight so if I find any trash or any wildlife I will post again either tonight or tomorrow. If the weather cooperates I will be doing a trash sort day and taking what I have accumulated to the recycling center. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment