Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Bake Oven Knob: Day 3 (5-May-2015)

Since I collected most of the cans at the site on day 2, I decided to move on to plastic bottles. The main reason is they are recyclable. This way I can keep everything separated out so there is no going back through the bags in the future. Also, I am not yet sure how I am going to get glass bottles to the top in a safe manner so I am putting that off for now. I started down the mountain with the intention of hitting the main trash slide on the eastern side of the Knob. I ended up not leaving the southern face. I just worked my way down and before I knew it I had three full bags.
This is a small section of the southern face. Most of the way down was very similar.
I wish I could take everything off the mountain all at once, but some things have to be left behind for now.
I started this post with the last photo I took of the day so I am ending it with the first. One Black Vulture and two Turkey Vultures. They were really loving the fly infested deer carcass on the road up.

No comments:

Post a Comment