Monday, May 18, 2015

Update

I am still going out every day and cleaning up the trash I find along trailsides. I have been averaging a back pack a hike of plastic bottles and aluminum cans. While I am doing this I am also collecting photos for a travel blog I have started up again,  http://ttnortheastpa.blogspot.com. If you live in Eastern PA or are just passing through, you may be interested in that one as well. 

The larger projects are on hold for right now. As I have mentioned in a previous post I have to wait until June 8th to start a project I really want to get done. Dumpsters are not available until that date. As for Bake Oven Knob I will be completing that project in Late June. I have a one day window when the Game Commission, along with multiple volunteer groups, will be removing all of the graffiti from the rocks. This means there will be no chance of items falling down on me from the top.

This week I will be getting out either on some local lakes or along the Lehigh River doing shore clean ups. If I end up at the river let me know if you need sunglasses. I already have over 100 pairs I have collected on the banks and there always seems to be new ones. If you have any specific sites in Eastern PA you would like to see cleaned up, let me know the location and I will do what I can to take out the trash.

I will leave you today with this hatchling Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina) that I came across yesterday. It is always astonishing what you can see when your just out collecting trash.


No comments:

Post a Comment