Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lehigh River (27-May-2015)


Yet another hot day. The rain came about an hour too late. It would have been really nice if it started while I was out there. I started in Walnutport and walked the canal path towards Lehigh Gap. There wasn't much trash on the trail and the little bit I did see in the canal needed a boat to get to it. Finally took a path down to the river and still not much trash at all. I have to say it was actually kind of nice.


This section had some cans, they had clearly been there for some time. When I got up closer to Lehigh Gap I followed the remnants of an old dam back to the canal path. The majority of the plastics in the top photo came from the old dam. In total I only collected a little less than a full bag of plastics, a handful of cans and a bucket. I will be reusing the bucket, no holes in the bottom. So not much today, but still something. 

Please let me know if you know of any areas in need of a good cleaning. Searching out places takes a good amount of time and days like today do not yield much in the way of taking things out. Thank you for reading. Here's Penny on what is left of the old dam. 





1 comment:

  1. So very proud of you. Try to get some more people to help you if you can. Great teaching and paying it forward. Your not old enough but they used to have an Indian commercial where he stood on the bank of a highway and someone throws trash out the window and it lands on his feet. He cries and you can see the tear rolling down his face. They should bring that commercial back so people realize how precious our planet really is.

    ReplyDelete