Friday, May 22, 2015

Lehigh River (22-May-2015)


Spent some time down by the Lehigh this morning. I walked a small stretch near Little Gap in Palmerton. I focused on plastics and ended up with the two full bags above. I did get some cans too, but not many. This area is in a bend in the river so I did expect to find deposits of trash from previous floods, but I did not expect to collect this much. I set out with only one bag and had to return to the car to get another.


This is what I refer to as a river beer. Unopened often really stirred up by the river and ready to pop. Oddly this is exactly how I found it and was not the only river beer I found this morning. If you ever find one yourself, please don't drink it. But, if you do, let me know how that goes.

Before and after of one tiny area. I feel bad leaving the foot wear behind. I really wish I had a way of disposing of non-recyclables. 


Another before and after. Since there is so much on the river banks I think I am going to try a different section every other day. These areas matter because the trash only will go down stream from the point where it sits now. Most of the bottles are still capped and buoyant, so the next flood in the area will just take them further down river, with the potential to make it to the ocean.


Find of the day. Not very interesting, but I have never found one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment