Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Boulder Field


Yesterday some posts came up on social media about new vandalism of the Boulder Field at Hickory Run State Park. I then saw it on the local news. So, today I went to check it out to see how bad it really was. As far back as I can remember there have been little scribbles of names, it used to be hardly noticeable. Now its everywhere and in bright colors. People do not come to these areas to read names or misspelled slogans. They come to enjoy the site of a marvel of nature.


Hickory Run is looking to find the individuals who did the most recent vandalism. Any chance you know them? If so please contact the main office of Hickory Run by calling 570-443-0400. I don't think friends of these people will be reading this blog, but it's worth a shot.


Just about the only nice thing about the Boulder Field was the lack of trash. This was all that I found. I think the garbage might be regularly cleaned up by people here though.


This was especially disappointing to me. As is dated it is not part of the new vandalism, but from the looks of it, it is not just kids that are tagging the rocks. I get that kids don't comprehend that they are ruining a public space for everyone, but parents doing it too. None of it is right, but I feel this is worse.


More of the same. Apparently writing your name on one rock in pink isn't enough.


This is the worst slogan I will post. No one needs to see this, especially those who are overweight and want to enjoy their day at the park.


The Boulder Field is still a pretty majestical place, but by leaving things behind individuals have taken a bit of its greatness away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment