Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Lehigh River (23-May-2015)


I did get out this past Saturday, but I got busy with the holiday weekend so I haven't posted. I took Penny along with me to the Trichler's Bridge access on the Lehigh. We had been there earlier this year collecting cans and I knew there were some spots with a bit of plastic. It was hot and there were a lot of people out on the rails to trails path, that made it very interesting on the way out.



This was supposed to be a before and after of one of the flood piles I picked through. Didn't line it up right and Penny didn't want to move out of the way. Filled that entire bag of plastics in no more than a 15 by 15 foot area.


This was the best find of the day. I imagined him cheering just because someone finally found him and removed him from a place he didn't belong. 

The way back was pretty bad. It was hot. I had the two bags in one hand, Penny's leash in the other. There were a lot of bikes on the trail and Penny does not like bikes. So, just about every two minutes I had to put the bags down and step off the trail with Penny as she barked ferociously at the passers by. It took forever to make it back to the car. I have decided that weekends and holidays are now a no go for trash collecting. At least in frequently visited areas. 

I did get out today, but only stuffed my backpack full of cans. I did a roadside pick-up in a state park. There isn't much to photograph and I didn't really get all that much today. I am thinking about another riverside clean up tomorrow. Penny will probably stay home.


No comments:

Post a Comment