Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Starting Something New

I hike every day with my dog Penny. We tend to take the less traveled paths and most days we end up spending hours in the woods, hardly ever coming across people. Every place we seem to go though, there is trash. Cans and bottles, sometimes deep in the woods. For years now I have tried to collect all of the cans I find, but it is not enough. With this blog I am going a little bit further. I will start documenting the trash that I clean up and try to give you an idea of how bad some areas are. I have decided to start with a fairly large project, cleaning up the bottom Bake Oven Knob, a lookout off of the Appalachian Trail. I started this project last week and it is my goal to give daily updates on how it is going from this point forward. There is a lot of work to be done and this is going to be an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see any Ruffed Grouse while hiking the AT to the Knob?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not Joe. There are way too many people in the area.

    ReplyDelete