Friday, October 16, 2015

Lehigh Gorge State Park: Glen Onoco (16-Oct-2015)


This morning I took a very short hike at Glen Onoco. This was not a trash collecting hike and really was just to get Penny out a little bit. Still found the amount above.


This was the largest find of the day. The cans looked like they had been there for some time and it was just right off the trail. Sometimes I wonder how so many other people can pass by this trash and just leave it. I know there are others that care and do clean up, I just don't see the results enough I guess.


If you have never been to Glen Onoco before the attractions include the D&L Trail running next to the Lehigh, Glen Onoco Falls and these old foundations. I know there was a hotel around this site long ago, but I don't know if this was part of it or was something else. 


Just the view of the way out. I did not spend that much time out hiking today. I had to sort of the recyclables collected in the last three weeks. That post will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment