Saturday, October 24, 2015

Tuscarora State Park (24-Oct-2015)


Haven't been out much in the past several days. Since the last clean-up on the Schuylkill I have had major pain in my lower abdomen. I think it was because I spent half my time that day bent over picking things up and I never took my pfd off. On the walk I did for the last post I was in tremendous pain and now I am starting to feel much better. I decided to keep it light today and went to Tuscarora. Not much trash, but I did find some cans that have been there for awhile. 


Almost all the leafs have turned and a good number have already fallen. Absolutely beautiful colors today.


This site had the most cans in a single spot.


One lure sitting on the shoreline. Looks brand new and even the hooks are in good condition.


Plastic bottles have definitely been the number one littered item this year.


This can from the Yuengling Brewery was produced in 1982. It probably has been sitting on the side of the lake since that year.  


More fall colors. 


This tire is on my list for next year. 


Wash up against the dam. 


The view up the lake from the dam. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project at: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash


No comments:

Post a Comment