Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Week of Recyclables


This may be the most recyclables I have collected in one weeks time. It has been raining since I started sorting this morning and hasn't let up since. As a result and because of the sheer volume this week, I only did a count on the total plastic bottles and total cans. 


In all, there ended up being 1,803 bottles and 190 cans. No idea if I can top this in the coming weeks, but I think I am going to try.


Three more buckets, two of which are from whitewater. 


Still want to know what these are from. If they are from an event I want to know to try to prevent this from happening again. If you know where these came from please contact me.


The bottoms from the old two-liter soda bottles may find a new home and be repurposed. I have had requests for these and I did get a couple this week that are not cracked and still in good condition. If you are wondering why the oil container is not in with the recyclables, it is because the seal is not broken and it is full. Anyone know of any place accepting oil?

Keep Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA going through 2016. To contribute go to: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash Also, feel free to contact me if there are any specific areas in Eastern PA that you would like to see cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment