Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mauch Chunk Lake (9-Sept-2015)


Headed out somewhat later than usual. Went to Mauch Chunk Lake because it is close. It was a nice afternoon to be on the water and I think I took out a decent amount of trash.


If you have never been to Mauch Chunk Lake you should check it out sometime.


Pickerel Weed. This is one of Pennsylvania's native aquatic plants.


There was one Bald Eagle out over the water today. People must bother this one, it kept its distance from me.


A good number of cans were found this way.


So this is my view from the kayak when I start at a pickup site. You see a few items, but then...


I end up with this. Please if you have a party with balloons, don't let them fly away. I find them on a regular basis in the woods, this is where a lot of them end up and it is not where they belong. 


Another Spring Peeper. I really liked this color variant. 


Second stop in a row I picked up a balloon. Princes just don't care and litter away.


I found this bottle to be odd. How long ago were tops like this?


Sadly this beach ball will not see anymore use and was sliced to fit in the garbage bag.


Green beans? These were growing all along one section of shoreline. They seemed to be doing very well growing up the smaller plants on the bank.


More Trash. There are always buckets, everywhere buckets! Oh... and cans and bottles....


and styrofoam too.


It did turn out to be a great day for lures. 


At the end I even caught a fish.


My view down the lake towards the dam, before I paddled back to the launch.

Not a very wordy post tonight, I am beat. I think I will be heading back out to the Schuylkill tomorrow. If you are interested in keeping me in Eastern PA collecting trash in 2016 please visit: Contributions for Taking Out the Trash in Eastern PA

No comments:

Post a Comment