Sunday, September 13, 2015

Locust Lake State Park (13-Sept-2015)


It was my plan today to take the day off completely and not go out collecting trash. I picked Locust Lake to hike today since I recently cleaned up around the lake and I thought I wouldn't find anything. Took a different path around the lake and of course there was more trash.


Overcast and a bit chilly it was still a nice day and a reminder that fall is here.


The glass bottles were thrown out before I got to the end. 


This is a Cranefly. Sometimes they are mistaken for mosquitos, but mosquitos do not get this large. They do not bite and are harmless to humans. I believe this one was depositing eggs. 


Just looked this up and I think it is a Camphorweed Moth caterpillar.


Looking up at the dam from below the spillway.

Check out my fundraiser to keep me taking out the trash through 2016: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash

No comments:

Post a Comment