Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lehigh River (9-Sept-2015)


Another morning hike with Penny. The idea was to try to find an easy path to take out the shopping cart in Glen Onoco. What I quickly learned is that there was no easy way of even getting to the site where the shopping cart was and getting it out by myself would be nearly impossible. With a larger boat I think I can get it out by water, but for now it is just going to have to stay. Penny still needed a good walk so we ventured through the flood plain by the river collecting cans. It may not look like much, but collecting these cans is time consuming. Each one has to be emptied of sediment then washed out.  


Several of the cans collected and taken to the riverside for washing.


I think both of these cans are older than me. This just shows how long these items last in the environment.


Lock #2.


Penny found some shades and I think she had a nice walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment