Thursday, August 20, 2015

Beltzville State Park (20-August-2015)


There really is nothing better to do than spending an afternoon paddling in the pouring rain. Since I took Monday and Tuesday off I felt like I needed to do two rounds of collecting today. Headed over to the Preacher's Camp access at Beltzville State Park and put out on the water. The second I pushed off from the shore the rain started falling. The temperature was perfect, the rain felt nice and I collected the trash above. Not too many photos today because of the rain, but I did get a few. 


Starting out under the gray rainy sky.


Made it far enough up the one channel the current was making me work to keep going. It really felt like I was the only one in the entire park and it was just a spectacular trip.


I had to edit this post because I incorrectly labeled this heron. I thought it was an American Bittern, but it turns out it is a juvenile Black-Crowned Night Heron. I was wrong and glad someone was able to correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment