Friday, August 28, 2015

Fire Tower Road Revisited (28-Aug-2015)


Took a break from the rivers today. Penny and I went back to Fire Tower Rd. to see how the vernal pool was looking and if there was any more tubing that I missed. Well that's why I was there, Penny just went along to smell things and beg for treats.


The pool was dry and made it simple to check to see if I missed anything earlier in the summer. I did. There was some rubber pieces and some of the smaller tubing.


Just a couple pieces. Put them in my pack and went walking on collecting recyclables off the trailside.


Mostly just walking with the dog.


This was nice. Not only was the can jammed onto the stick, but is was also filled with mud and rocks.


The reason the roads name is Fire Tower.


The fence needs some work and the wooden steps look to be rotted out in some places. The DCNR forestry division should probably do something about the fence. Cleaned up the recyclables from what looked like trash from a party. I only had one bag so I left the non-recyclables for another time or for someone else to pick up. 


Found a small pool that still had water in it, oh yeah and an old mattress. Why do people find wetland areas to discard their stuff in? Next time I go up I may try to pull that out.


The long strait road back to the car. Checked on the pool, cleaned it up a bit more and cleaned up some recyclables. Did not do a lot this morning, but it was still something and Penny seemed to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment