Friday, August 7, 2015

Lehigh River (7-August-2015)


Started in Weissport today and headed up river towards Jim Thorpe. Cut off of the canal path and into a large flood plain. I was happy to see there was not much trash at all. Walked the entire floodplain and this was it.


This big Common Snapping Turtle was just hanging out in the canal. On the trip out said they had just seen it in the same spot, so it just floated there for over an hour.


This was not a great find today. Someone is building their own little log cabin and some of it is made with trees they cut themselves. Trees on the river bank serve multiple purposes, becoming part of someones temporary structure should not be one of them. There was also a fire going inside when I passed, but no one was around. Because someone might be using this as their home I did not clean up in or around this structure.


Best find of the day. Now in the trash.


This view is much nicer knowing there is barely any trash on these banks.


This juvenile Painted Turtle was basking in the canal on my way out.


I believe this is a Chain Pickerel. Last bit of wildlife I got to see today.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures of the river and wild life. I know its much nicer now that you've removed so much trash. Good job.

    ReplyDelete