Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Lehigh (11-August-2015)


I am worn out, so today I decided to go to Rockport in the Lehigh Gorge State Park and just do a small clean up. Being so far up the river I knew there wouldn't be much trash on the banks so I thought it would be a nice relaxing hike with Penny. Right before I arrived in the parking area the sky let loose and rain came pouring down. So we waited in the car for awhile. I finally decided it wasn't going to stop anytime soon and I grabbed Penny's leash and stepped out into the rain. Penny was not thrilled and it was a fight to even get her out of the car. She doesn't like the rain, but once we got on the trail and moving she came around and just dealt with it.  


Like I expected we didn't find much and the most interesting item we found was this fishing pole.


With the rain there were no rafts and barely any people on the whole trip. The gorge is an amazing place when there are no people around. On the weekends it gets packed and for me with the amount of people it is extremely stressful. Today, even with being completely soaked it was a nice hike.


This is the larger of the falls at Rockport. I took this on the way out. Couldn't take my camera out on the way in. This was also the only place I ran into people on the way out. 


Not even half a bag, but it is still something. I am still exhausted, but I will be back out again tomorrow, hopefully taking out a fair amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment