Thursday, August 20, 2015

Lehigh River (20-August-2015)


Penny and I set out again today to go work on a larger floodplain area on the Lehigh Gap Nature Center's property. It was my original intention to make it there yesterday and today. Both today and yesterday I had my fill before I got there. Two pretty full bags today and a worn out Penny.


Much of the same. Debris piles from high water and lots of bottles. Found several black balls like the one in the lower right corner. I have found them on other days too. Not sure what they are, but are solid all the way around and they all feel like they have the same amount of liquid inside each one. If anyone knows what they are please tell me. When I sort the recyclables at the end of the week I will take a closer look at them and see if they are labeled in any way.


One fishing lure today. Needs some new hooks, but other than that it is ready to be used again.


Bottles, bottles and more bottles. There seems to always be more bottles. We as a society need to do something to reduce plastics as a whole. Clearly we have in place methods of reuse for them, but they still end up in our natural areas.


Yes, more bottles and hey look another little white bucket. Two of those today. 


This is where I started my second bag. Penny was pretty good today. Had to tie her to a tree overtime I worked on a new section. Some days she is non-stop barking when I do this. Today she seemed to have a little more patience or maybe was just enjoying the day out on the riverbank.

No comments:

Post a Comment