Friday, August 21, 2015

Lehigh River (21-August-2015)


Very little, but I did finally make it to the flood plain I have been wanting to get to. Not much trash at all there. I think when this area floods everything is pushed through and is deposited further down river. This was the longest trek so far this week and it seemed like the hottest day I was out. Penny tagged a long again today and enjoyed barking at bikers as the peddled by on the rails to trails. Did find two noteworthy items today. 


A Royal Crown Cola plastic container for carrying plastic containers. It was odd to me finding this. I find very few RC bottles or cans.


Big white goose. A bit disappointed when I pulled this from the debris pile it was in. I could only see the bottom when I grabbed it and I was hoping it was complete and not broken. I also wasn't sure at first if it was a decoy or a planter, turned out to be the later.


For some reason this American Toad was not bothered by the heat today and was just hanging out on the trail. I moved it off to the side. With the amount of bike traffic that passed I am shocked he wasn't flattened before I found him.

No comments:

Post a Comment