Saturday, August 8, 2015

Lehigh River (8-Aug-2015)


A little more than a bag and a half of recyclables, also another paddle. About half of what I collected was from an area I had already cleaned up once this summer. A good amount of which was brought in from high waters several weeks ago. 


I can't always get all of the trash I see. This floated by not long after I made it to the waters edge.


More of the same caught up in debris piles.

Both of these items were too large to take out and there is no place to take non-recyclables where I parked. If I can find either a business or organization by the Lehigh that would let me use their dumpsters I will be able to float the larger plastic items like these down to them and get them off the Lehigh's shores.


The first river fly swatter I have ever found. There were a lot of mosquitos along my trip and I don't think something like this would have helped out at all. Wish I could have seen the person trying to use this.


The whitewater places really should be fined for every paddle and bucket they loose on the river. Again, they make money off of this waterway, they should do their best to keep it clean.


A second doll this week. This one up in a tree and headless. It will remain there until I can get back for non-recyclables or until the water gets high enough to wash it further down river. I hope I get back to remove it first.


Beautiful day to be down by the river and there were lots of people in inner tubes enjoying the day.


Lehigh Gap and the trash collected today. Filled up the second bag a little more by the time I made it to the car.


Penny was along today and seemed to be happy searching for critter while I collected trash. She's worn out and sleeping now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment