Friday, January 8, 2016

Beltzville State Park (8-Jan-2016)


Beltzville State Park again today. Went back to the Preacher's Camp access and started heading up the lake towards Bauer Creek.  


Right from the parking lot the trash collecting started and continued up a short path that connected the parking area to Preacher's Camp Trail.


I took a couple of the side paths down to the lake shore, fishing accesses that end at popular fishing sites. Found the general stuff, fishing line, bottles and styrofoam. 


At the end of the connecting trail there is another small stone parking lot, around which I found all of these items which filled my pack. Twelve of these lake side beers were full. I find way, way too much unopened alcohol. 


Took the first pack back to the car and set out again. 


I couldn't believe someone was going out on the lake today. I did talk to this gentleman before he set out, he said he wanted to get on the water one last time before the lake froze. I did inform him of the new floatation device regulations and watched him paddle off. This is dangerous and I would suggest that no one goes kayaking at this time of year, especially not alone on a lake where there are motorboats out on. 


The second trip to the trail I went down an old road that dead ends into the lake. This is another popular fishing area and again there was another pack full of trash. 


After taking the second pack to the car I didn't have much time left and I didn't get that far on the trail I intended to hike today. I don't really mind, at least there was trash removed. I didn't even think I would get out today.



This was all from the actual trail. Not much, but again I didn't go that far. The next post will definitely be Sunday. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment