Friday, January 22, 2016

Fire Tower Road (22-Jan-2016)


With the storm not arriving until later tonight, I was able to get out one more time before everything is covered in white. Not wanting to go too far today, I did another check-up on Fire Tower Rd. Not really surprised, there was more trash.


Before I even set out on the trail I collected these items from around the parking area.


Found this tucked behind a tree. Not the condition I want to find cans in at this time of year. It got its own small bag to thaw in. 


This Downy Woodpecker was the only bird that was still enough for a photo today. Not too many species about, but I did also see Chickadees, Juncos and Nuthatches. 


The same old thing. More trailside trash.


When I found the two unbroken clay birds I just had to make a face. 


The second pack full of the day. I think this will be the last clean-up for awhile now. This area is predicted to get three to eight inches of snow and if the cold continues it will most likely stick around for some time. As soon as the snow is gone I will be out collecting once again. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash


No comments:

Post a Comment