Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lehigh Gap Nature Center (12-Jan-2016)


On my way home from the clean-up around Treichler's Bridge the snow was really coming down. I stopped at the Lehigh Gap Nature Center for some photos. This is the west side of the gap.


Flakes falling into the Lehigh River just below the gap. Walking back to my car after taking this photo I got sidetracked...


First I found a can in the parking lot. After picking that up I noticed a bottle, which led me to another bottle and soon I was picking up trash from around the bridge that crosses the gap. I had my pack full in no time. The pouch on my sweatshirt was full of bottles and I was carrying some as well. At that point I was getting cold, had no more room to carry anything and finally decided to call it quits for the day. 



This was it and I know there are a lot of other items back there now. So that portion of the Nature Center property is now on my list of things to do. As of tonight everything is covered in snow in this area. I think I will be taking a break for awhile, well until it melts, but I think I will still be posting occasionally. I have some letters and e-mails to write which I wanted to get to last week and was unable and I have to come up with some new ideas for fundraising. I'm going to use the time while the snows covering everything to get to these things and get prepared to get even more accomplished this spring! 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment