Thursday, January 7, 2016

Triechler's Bridge (7-Jan-2016)


Had to go into Allentown today and Penny was along with me. Triechler's Bridge was a little more than half way to my destination today and it allowed me to stop and take Penny for a short walk down to the river. I thought maybe I would find a couple bottles and a can, but it ended up being a little more than that and I found that the entire bank along that section needs to be cleaned again already. It really just took a couple rains for the river to deposit new trash along sections I not that long ago took care of. 


Some of the ice formations along the bank were something new and a nice change to the same old things I see on every trip. This formation was on one of the pillars of the bridge. 


Without my tongs, I was sure when I went for this bottle I was going to slip, fall in and get soaked. Instead I retrieved it without incident and a sigh of relief. 


A couple more of the ice formations. 



Not that much, but it was just a bathroom break for Penny. I did get out again later in the day at another location and that post will be up soon. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment