Monday, January 4, 2016

Mauch Chunk Lake (4-Jan-2016)


It was frigid at Mauch Chunk Lake this morning. I stopped by the lake, not to clean-up, but to take Penny for a short walk. As always the walked ended up with trash collected and now a post.


Found and took out a couple balls of fishing line from plants along the bank. 


This is something I did not want to see on such a cold day, trash in a wetland. I was able to retrieve the two bottles, but I did also see a sandal that I couldn't possibly get to without getting wet. It will stay there until a warmer day.  


Frozen contents inside some items and frozen debris and leaf litter on others. 



This was it. For not planning on picking up anything it was a lot. The white bag in the back was filled with small non-recyclables and grocery bags. Along one of the field edges by the lake there were a bunch of grocery bags, I was able to get most of them. What I didn't pick up I should be able to get when I get back to the area without Penny. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

No comments:

Post a Comment