Sunday, January 10, 2016

State Gamelands (10-Jan-2016)


I had a long day yesterday and decided to make todays venture out short. Decided on hiking some of the access roads at a local gamelands. I didn't get that far, but did take out some trash.


Could see the green bottle from the road, along side it and underneath it were water bottles and the jugs and oil cans were not that far away.


Did not make it that far before I had to return to my car to drop off the contents of my full pack. The jugs from the photo above are broken up and in the mesh netting of my pack in this photo. They must have been out there for some time to be as brittle as they were. 


This view through the trees was from the parking area and I snapped this while emptying out the first pack.


Must have passed by this RC Cola bottle over a hundred times. I think it was visible now due to a prescribed burn done this past summer and as a result a lack of underbrush. If anyone knows how old this is please let me know. I tried looking it up with no success. 


Not your average trash item. This was on the edge of the parking lot and I picked it up on the way out.



A short downpour of rain ended the second walk out early. I was not dressed for the rain and I didn't want to continue on wet. I was able to get these items before I ended today's hike. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project here: Help Fund Taking Out the Trash

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could post photo of bottle here, including photo of bottom:
    http://www.antique-bottles.net/showthread.php?88695-RC-COLA-Bottle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. I had come across that site yesterday when trying to look it up. I just signed up on the site and hopefully in the next couple days we will all know just how old the RC bottle is.

      Delete
    2. Debby, I did post the photo of the bottle and I was told it was from 1935. It is the oldest soda bottle I have found so far. Thanks again for the suggestion.

      Delete