Friday, November 6, 2015

Bake Oven Knob (6-Nov-2015)


There is always more trash at the Knob no matter how many times it's cleaned up. There are just too many people that go to this location that have no respect for the environment they go there to view. Didn't fill a bag today, but I wasn't there to do a trash clean-up. I hiked out before the sun came up this morning with Penny and I was going to try to get a time lapse of the sunrise this morning. The fog had other plans, mostly just to sit over the mountain top for as long as I was there. The time lapse at the bottom of this post is what I ended up coming up with. 


I pulled these two items off the trail as well. With nowhere to go with them they were left in the parking lot. Not the best thing to do, but at least they are out of the woods.


More of the same from the knob. I just don't know what to say anymore. The clean-ups are needed, because people are just pigs.


It's just the same thing over and over again and it just looks to be getting worse. 


This spot had the most trash today. I tied Penny up on the top of the mountain and slowly worked my way down. The rain last night didn't make it easy, every step was slippery. I made it though and more trash is out and will be properly disposed of.


This is my first video upload on this blog, so I am not sure how it is going to come up or the quality. I thought the best part of it was a millepede that crosses the rock on the left. I know with the fog it isn't great, but I hope you enjoy. I will be trying to make more time lapses this winter, hopefully the weather will cooperate next time.

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project at: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash

No comments:

Post a Comment