Saturday, November 28, 2015

Beltzville State Park (28-Nov-2015)


Once again on the trails at Beltzville State Park. Worked on the area between the sites I did yesterday and earlier in the week. 


Another ballon and another bottle. Same thing different day. The trash did get less and less the further I got from the parking lot. I don't think this was necessarily due to access by people, but more to do with the topography of the shoreline. In areas with steep slopes down to the water, there really isn't much. The flat areas accumulate much more.


Some rain and mostly gray all day. 


What does Mountain Dew have to do with glowsticks? Most likely the same person left both items on the shore. 


The coke bottle on first glance looked old, when I picked it up it was heavy and felt old, but it was a newer bottle. I always get a laugh with this brand of chicken livers. 100% Natural, except for the plastic container they come in. 


Looking up the gloomy lake.


 Who eats fries by the bucket? Who sells fries by the bucket? I think I am putting a good dent in the amount of pull tab cans you can find in the areas I go. I feel like I pick up at least one on every trip.


The haul for the day. With about half of the bag being non-recyclable I sorted the items before I left and found a trash can in the park. Just another small portion taken off the extremely long shorelines of Beltzville. Still more work to do and new items show up everyday. I am sure I will be spending a lot more time here in the future. 

You too can help with taking out the trash! If you get out hiking take a grocery bag with you, give it a second use and fill it with trash while you are out! Every bit helps. You can also help contributing to this project at: gofundme.com/takingoutthetrash

No comments:

Post a Comment